Friday 23 May 2008

1 Down, 1 To Go.

Well what an anti-climax. My first exam is over. It was neither good or bad. The questions seemed rather tough compared to other years, but I managed to pick 3 essay questions and write some kind of answer. Unfortunately I feel my answers may have been a little brief, but at least I didn't sit there blankly for the 3 hours like I thought I would. What did panic me however was the discussion everyone had afterwards which made me realise how much I left out of my questions. But it's done now so there's no point in worrying.

As I worked pretty hard this morning in the exam and slept badly due to nerves I've decided to give myself the afternoon off. Unfortunately I am so not used to relaxing now that I'm not quite sure what to do. Maybe a nap and a trip to Tesco later... I really know how to enjoy myself!

The first thing I did when i got home was to chase up the appointment I was supposed to get to biopsy or remove one of my lymph nodes. It's been 10 days and noone got back to me like promised. Turns out someone had "forgotten" to give my notes to a doctor who could decide what type of surgery I was having. I'm not impressed. Thankfully the nice lady said she'd chase it up for me herself today. This is why being nice to people always pays off. I'm sure if I would have shouted at her and said the whole thing was a pile of crap she would have made me wait another few days. What amuses me is that I had to phone to make the appointment with the new Choose and Book system, but was told that they'll choose an appointment and call me up to confirm it. Surely if this is how it's going to work then implimenting the whole choose and book computer system and such like was a big waste of cash. Oh well...

Lily xXx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay half way there!

And don't knock supermarkets as a recreational activity. I'm a regular attender at my local Sainsbury's.

You're very right about choose and book - it seems to have made precisely bugger all difference. Hope you get the biopsy sorted very soon.