Tuesday 1 April 2008

SUPERvisor

OK. I realise I've moaned a lot about my supervisor, but today in just 2 hours he was so useful that I'm starting to think that he might actually be secretely brilliant. He spent 2 hours this morning going through 6 of our project presentations and made amazingly useful comments. He also gave us loads of tips on answering questions and general presentation manner. It's never really occured to me that a scientist who presents well is like a politician, they make whatever information they have sound interesting and relevant, even if its not really showing anything new. I learnt an apt new saying today, "There are lies, damn lies and statistics". Very very very true.

I left Uni this morning feeling alot better about my project, so i decided to get some more of my write up done. 6 pages of results later, it just wouldn't save. Nooooo. I've finally learnt the hard way to press the save button every few minutes. I'm trying to look on the positive side, at least now I know I can do those 6 pages again without having to think as hard.

Only 23 days until the deadline... eek!

Lily xXx

No comments: