Friday 25 April 2008

Beginning of the End

Woo Hoo!! Handed in my dissertation today! Now it feels like the beginning of the end of the year. I had a big urge to run around in circles and do a special dance... instead I went to the library to start revision. Oh what fun.

I might be considered a bit weird to admit to this, but I actually like revision. I would even say I like exams. I hate the pressure and the fact I have to pass them. I just like the quietness. I like sitting quietly in the library writing notes. I like sitting quietly in exams writing questions. I just wish i didn't need to know so much. I also wish exams were when it was raining. Not when the sun was shining brightly like it was today.

The other amazing thing about revision is the amount of people I see. I've been on a different campus this year, so can go months not seeing people. Today I've seen at least 10 people I haven't seen in weeks but really get along with.

What I don't get is those people who arrive at the library at 3 or 4 in the afternoon and leave the next morning. How do they do it? I enjoy my 9-5 at the library, I don't think I could focus for any longer. I certainly couldn't stay up all night and revise. I'd end up sleeping all the way through my exams.

Had one of my favourite foods today. Flagolet beans the way my Dad makes them. Basically you empty the can into a pan with some salt, pepper, butter, garlic and a chicken stock cube. Cook for a bit and add freshly chopped parsley. Yum.

Lily xXx

No comments: