Tuesday 21 April 2009

Exam Tomorrow

Tomorrow at 9.46 I have my exam. 3 little OSCE stations which could be on anything I've done this year.

Fortunately for me I bothered to turn up to uni over the past 6 months, so I'm starting to feel that revising an examination is getting a little pointless as I've done it so much. Because of this I don't feel like I've done much revision.

I've practiced history taking.
I've read up on, and practiced the stuff for explaining.
I practiced examinations and keep running through what to do in my mind.
I've read over the skills I might have to do.

Skills or unmanned stations will be my downfall. Skills because no matter how much I read it in the book it doesn't make up for practice and for the last 3 months I've been placed about 70 miles away from the clinical skills centre so haven't had a chance to practice on models. Unmanned stations because I cannot face relearning all the ECG stuff. I realise that is lazy of me, but I really can't, I've tried but after 5 minutes of reading the stuff in the book I realise it's not actually going in my mind.

On a happier note I got my mark for my last rotation today (even though I still don't have mine from the first!!). I'm pleased as it's 71% so it keeps me in the good category. Fingers crossed I'll be able to keep all my clinics marks at 70 or above so they bolster my practical exam and written exam marks rather than drag them down.

Lily xXx

1 comment:

madsadgirl said...

Good luck for tomorrow; I hope you get three stations that you can waltz through.