Thursday 23 April 2009

Exam Run Down

I did my exam yesterday.

I always find exams, especially practical ones hard to interpret afterwards. For this reason I have no idea whether or not I've done well.

The stations I had were all pretty straight forward. As there is still one day of exams left I won't go into too much detail, lest I give it all away, but I can tell you some stuff without giving it away.

I had one examination station. I missed part of the examination, but it's the same part a friend missed when doing the identical station last time around and she still passed comfortably.

My other two stations were histories. One had a man who talked really slowly and at length, so it was so hard to take his history in 5 minutes. Another was really grumpy. He asked me if I thought he was going to die and if I could tell him what was wrong with him. In response to this I gave him the answer I've always been told to give in the hospital... "I'm only a medical student so I can't tell you much about what illness you may have, that's down to the doctor who is much more qualified than I am and won't accidentally mislead you." In reply to this he had a huff and said I clearly knew nothing more than the cleaner. That was a little mean.

Talking to other people after the exam really upsets me. Every time someone talks about the stations I think of all the things I've missed. To make it worse those going into the exam in the afternoon usually know what stations they will get by finding other people who had the same stations as them earlier than them last time. I'm first thing in the morning so I'll never get that luxury.

Lily xXx

1 comment:

madsadgirl said...

It's done and dusted now. You did your best and no-one can expect to be perfect at this stage in their training. Now you just have to 'enjoy' your next placement!!