Sunday 18 January 2009

End of the Weekend

Two days have never gone so fast. The weekend is now practically over unfortunately and I've done NO work. Oops. I really should get started on the 5000 word essay that's due in in 5 weeks. I've had such a nice weekend so now I've kind of got a mental count down until I'm back in London permanently. Only 11 weeks to go.

Its rare that I appriciate a long hot shower as much as I have this weekend. It's so nice to be able to spend as long as I want in the shower, with it properly hot, without having to worry about using up all the hot water. I've also been able to sleep without the noise of my noisy fridge that's in my room in the hospital placement. I also didn't realise quite how comfy my bed is. It's amazingly comfy. Ikea matresses really do rock.

I really haven't got up to much at all this weekend. Yesterday I had a big cooking day. I cooked an amazing slow roast lamb (stole the recipe off Saturday Kitchen) and then a stew for the boyf to have in the week. I also made an apple crumble. Mmmmm. Makes up for the fact I live off tortellini when I'm on placement. Amazingly however we get free lunch twice a week on placement. One of these is sandwiches, cake and fruit while the other has a hot option like a pasta bake and salads. We've never been spoiled so much

Anyway I have to pack up my clean washing and trundle off back to placement-town now. Grumble grumble grumble.

Lily xXx

2 comments:

madsadgirl said...

I'm glad you've enjoyed your weekend at home, even though you didn't get any work done. As you say, only 11 weeks to go, and that will soon pass I am sure.

Nurse To Doc said...

I have had the same kind of weekend - cooked stew for the man and got no work done! Am also off to placement town no - 3 hours down the road.

Have a good week
xx