Saturday 15 March 2008

Apparently I am a "Morning Person"

This is going to sound a little weird, but I actually enjoyed getting up that early in the morning. With the lack of cars and people London was like a totally different place. The air smelt fresher and travelling on the tube didn't make me so angry my head wanted to explode.

Everything went surprisingly smoothly today. I picked up my samples on time without having to wait hours to find someone to let me in the freezer. The tubes ran fine. I arrived at the labs at 7.32... only 2 minutes late. I then spent the next 4 hours putting test tubes in racks and learning the boring parts of lab work until the nice people let me out before I lost the will to live. There was a really nice surgeon lady who is starting her PhD there too, her enthusiam and exciting sounding research project has made me think that research maybe isn't THAT bad. Not that I'd want to do it again.

Unfortunately my addiction to naps kicked in when I got home and i slept for 3 hours... So much for getting any work done. As of tomorrow i really need to give myself a kick up the bum and start writing some revision notes and getting my head around stats for the project. Not fun.

Lily xXx

No comments: