Thursday 13 May 2010

What's for Tea?

Firstly thank you to everyone who has got in touch to help me with my literature review. I'm feeling a lot better about it today. Or at least as good as someone who's laptop keeps dying can feel about starting a huge piece of work. I think the new laptop I was planning to get over the summer will have to be purchased sooner.

On the subject of buying things I went to Sainsburies to get some thai red curry paste and they've changed it. It's gone from being nice, to some sticky, sweet, sickly, thoroughly disgusting gloop in a jar. I'm actually really upset as I'd have thai red curry at least twice a week normally. Either as an actual curry, in a coconut and noodle soup or to marinade chicken or prawns before I grilled them. Sainsburies have ruined my eating habits.

I'm now getting bored of variations on pasta and tomato sauce (although my homemade pasta sauce is the best in the world... even if I say so myself). I need my thai curry!!

Some of the bigger stores stock a different brand, but it's quite difficult for me to get to another store. Not distance-wise as I have a car, but practicality wise. I'm both rubbish at parking and directions, which doesn't help as the easiest way to get to the other store is through lots of back streets.

I think I'm going to have to get out my blender and make my own. Does this count as procrastination for my essay?!

Lily xXx

No comments: