Saturday 5 September 2009

London Tourist

Although I've lived in London on and off for a large part of my life, having this staycation has allowed me to see it as a tourist for once. Admittedly apart from eating out I've been pretty lax about doing touristy things but I've really enjoyed myself.

On Monday the boyf and I went to the Tate Modern and spent our evening eating a meze at the Real Greek. Tuesday we took the car out and discovered Tunbridge Wells. Wednesday we had an amazing day at Leeds Castle which is confusingly in Kent. It's beautiful with loads of gorgeous gardens. It's just a shame the weather wasn't better for a picnic. There is also a really confusing maze there that we tackled. They also do Segway tours of the place, which is a must for next time. Thursday we did a London Duck Tour. You go in a WWII car/boat on both the land and water!!! Afterwards I ate my bodyweight in dim sum. Yum yum yum. Yesterday we took it easy and decided to take the two ferrets for a walk in the countryside. For a change I got lots of smiles more than weird looks and noone asked me what kind of dog/money/rat/hamster they were!

Today I'm off for lunch at The Narrow, which is one of the Gordon Ramsay pubs. The nicest thing about it is that it's set right on the river, so on a nice day the view is pretty good. The food isn't bad either!

I'm already getting excited about starting term again in a week. We're starting to get lots of emails telling us bits and bobs that are planned for the near future from uni. Unfortunately no hint at a timetable yet so I have no idea how demanding or not this rotation is going to be.

Lily xXx

No comments: