Tuesday 15 September 2009

Induction Day

I made it into uni on time! Hurrah... always a good start when it's an induction.

Started the day off with free tea, coffee and pastries. Num num num. They spent a surprisingly short amount of time boring us all with boring stuff we've heard before and got straight into the interesting stuff. Timetables. Timetables fascinate me. I'm obsessed by knowing where I'll be at any particular time in the next few months. In fact as soon as I get a timetable I breathe a sigh of relief. These timetables are so complicated they have loads of colours though, which is a bit intimidating, but I think I've got to grips with the 3 different timetables I've been given!

I start of with 3 week of anaesthetics. In this I'm going to get lots of chances to cannulate and stuff like that, which will no doubt be really useful although I must admit I get so nervous doing practical skills at first. The hospital I'm placed with manages to give us 1 on 1 experience in theatre with anaethetists which means even more time to practice skills.

After that I have 3 weeks of A&E and then 6 weeks of rheumatology and orthopaedics. Although I have these timetables I'm guessing I'll know a lot more what to expect when I get to talk to those who are doing it before me.

Madsadgirl asked how my ferrets are. Great but naughty is the answer. Hugo the little one is getting really big now, but also really mischevious. It was his 2 month birthday yesterday. He's in the nippy stage but is really cute. Luckily him and Archie get on really well... Hugo's favourite treat is nibbling on his earwax. Yummy! On Saturday I'm hoping to take them to a ferret show but I need an extra pair of hands.

Lily xXx

No comments: