Saturday 19 June 2010

"Mad Skillz"

Apparently this is what young people now call things they are good at. I wonder whether that makes me old for just not getting why, or in fact cooler than they are.

Although I'm a fairly confident person, I tend not to be arrogant and don't usually blow my own trumpet. There is one exception to this. Cooking.

I am pretty good at cooking.

I've loved cooking ever since I was old enough to help my parents in the kitchen. I was a toddler when I first discovered my love of mixing things with my hands, about 5 when I realised I could eat the whole herb garden in one sitting and about 7 when I really got involved with actually chopping and cooking.

I think because I've had years of practice I don't often think about what I cook, I just seem to put things together and they taste nice. This makes me feel lucky because apparently it doesn't always work like that for other people.

Last night I made lovely pepperonata on ciabatta with the most delicious goats cheese I've ever eaten, followed by really good sausage, crushed potatoes and onion gravy. Om nom nom!

Although this is all very tasty I'm now starting to feel I don't push myself enough in the kitchen. It's surely not good enough to be a really good cook, I should be aiming to be an AMAZING cook. Yes. I did mean to put that in capitals.

I've decided that now I have a fancy camera so can take pics of what I'm cooking I'm going to start up a food blog on the side. Something to encourage me to try cooking things outside of my comfort zone, improving my presentation and improving my food photography skills.

The problem is, I can't think of a name for it.

Any ideas?!

Lily xXx

P.S. Yes, I still have an essay to do, and revision... blah blah blah.

No comments: