Thursday 10 June 2010

Grotty McGrottbag

This should be my new name.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather so I'm all yukky. My throat is croaky, my head hurts, my nose is a constant stream of greenish gunge and I am radiating heat like a little heat lamp.

I've always felt short changed when I get a sore throat. I had my tonsils out when I was 8. It was sold to me as "You'll never get a sore throat again." Now that was complete cow poop.

Granted my sore throats aren't as bad, but talk about misleading a child! It just seems that before when I'd get tonsilitis, I now get either laryngitis or a chest infection. Thankfully at the moment I seem to just have white spots over my tonsil-stumps.

I have a big important presentation tomorrow so I hope at least the runny nose and sore throat clear up a bit, otherwise not only will I be a nightmare to watch but I'll also be an infection risk.

I wish I knew who'd given me this. Probably someone on the train coughing in my face. I'm starting to feel that people should be given tissues as they get on public transport. I might start wearing a mask... I've seen a surprising number of people doing it.

Lily xXx

1 comment:

ilovehotchocolate said...

Good luck for the presentation today, hope you're feeling better. Thanks for the birthday wishes :)