Tuesday 27 October 2009

Anatomy Overload

There are a lot of bones and muscles in the body. To make it worse they're innervated by different nerves, with various vessels passing around them. Unfortunately I still can't manage to absorb it all.

Over the next couple of days I am going to get myself reaquainted with my old friend... the anatomy colouring book. I'm also going to drag out my anatomy DVDs. Fingers crossed, by Christmas it'll have all sunk in, and perhaps this time I'll have a chance of remembering it a bit more for next year. I'm going to try learning things a little more visually this time around and rather than trying to memorise lists of muscles and nerves etc, I'm planning to look it up and then actively link it with surface anatomy and have a scribble over the boyf with some marker pens.

The boyf has started his OU degree this month now, so I'm not the only one pouring over books. It makes me realise how lucky I am to have tutors I can just walk up to and ask questions. Distance learning looks really difficult!

1 comment:

The Manchester Medic said...

The best way to learn anatomy is by seeing it in action. Dissections and prosections are great for revision, although if you don't have access to that then the anatomy colouring book certainly sounds like a good idea (especially as it may even make revision a little bit fun!)