Thursday 8 October 2009

First Week of A&E

So it's been about a week since my last clumsy injury and *touch wood* I haven't done anything else too stupid yet. Here's to hoping that I don't get run over or something on the way to uni today.

I've started my A&E placement now. I really enjoy the variety of it, but yet again I have that horrible feeling where none of the doctors actually want you following them around. The consultant has said he doesn't want us wasting all our time taking histories and examining patients on our own as we've done over a year of that and the point of A&E is to see proceedures and how the A&E doctors tailor their histories and examination depending on the cases they see.

Embarassingly after our first tutorial the consultant pulled me to the side and told me that I was very bright and to make the most of the rotation and not let the rest of the group pull me down. I think it may have been luck and common sense that made me do well in the tutorial, but now I feel so much pressure to keep on doing well. I know next teaching session he holds I'll probably freeze up in fear.

On a non-hospital note it's been about 4 weeks since I had my hair cut and it's already grown loads. I was going to leave it until xmas to have it cut again, but I think I'll have to have it done sooner.

Lily xXx

No comments: