Tuesday 5 April 2011

Boozing

I've given up alcohol for lent, in fact as I hadn't drunk for a bit before lent it's now been over 5 weeks since I had an alcoholic drink. It really hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would. After a week or two, when everyone stopped taking the piss out of me, having a diet coke or a lemonade in the pub has just been normal for me. Luckily it's also proven that I'm as much fun sober as when drunk... I just get all the giggles and none of the hangovers. Bliss.

So yeah, this post isn't about me boozing, its about other people boozing.

I recently spend a weekend night shift with the London Ambulance Service on one of their booze buses. It was eye opening. For a start I knew people got so drunk they peed themselves (yes... that is you rugby boys...), but I didn't realise people got so drunk they shat themselves. That is a whole lot of drunk.

I saw three amazing things...

1. Inco pads on the seats of the bus. Why don't people do this for their children in cars too?!
2. Making a wearable sick-bag out of a clinical waste bag. I might have to adopt this again for children getting car sick in cars.
3. A paramedic getting a grey cannula in, it took her about 5 seconds and was completely perfect. It makes me ashamed of my faffing to get a blue in.

It's also really put me off binge drinking. I, like most people of my generation, have spent more than the occasional Saturday downing jaegerbombs and then spending the next morning cuddling the loo, vomming it all up. I'm now petrified that one day I'll end up so drunk I'll have to be picked up by a booze bus, very embarassing.

As a completely unrelated aside... the estate agent stood me up on Thursday. He just didn't turn up with the clients, so I almost went into renal failure for no good reason. I was not impressed. He also always gets my name wrong. Stupid man.

Another unrelated little ramble... revision. I no likey. I'm finding it hard to concentrate and nothing is going in. Short of doing onexamination questions I just can't focus on anything else long enough. I think I'm going to have to hide my very distracting Kindle.

Lily xXx


No comments: