Thursday 24 February 2011

Goodbye GPland

Tomorrow is my last day in GP land. I'll be a little sad to see it go, but I feel it's time.

I've learnt so much, not only information-wise, but also in communication skills. I'm so much more confident with history taking, bad news breaking and dealing with grumpy patients. It's also been the first time I've felt like I'm managing my own patients. I know that deep down, my GP has the final say, but as I get to present the management plan to him and get on with it, it's strengthening my confidence no end.

The bad thing is that I think I've had complete skill atrophy while in GPland. Someone came in needing bloods and I tried and didn't get it first time so the GP had a go, and he got it. He hasn't taken blood in 10 years. I am a failure. Oops.

On the plus side I passed my last special study module on Wednesday. Hurrah!

Lily xXx

No comments: