Wednesday 5 November 2008

Trying to Relax

Sorry about the lack of posts so far this week. I've been making the most of having a less busy than usual week. In fact Friday I'm even planning to have a duvet day, before my much busier timetable starts on Monday. Unfortunately my duvet day will involve doing a fair bit of work, but at least it means that I can have a lie in and maybe do my work with my duvet. That counts as a duvet day right?!

Excitingly tomorrow after uni I'm going to see the ex flatmate and her lovely other half who I haven't seen for ages. Then after that I'm going to see my lovely half who I haven't seen since Sunday, and that is far too long! Maybe I'll make tomorrow even better by having some curly fries in the pub. I love curly fries.

I'm enjoying the fact I can chill out this week. Now there are doctors on the wards who'll help us learn the skills for sign ups and sign us off I'm not as stressed out. I learnt blood taking on my clinical partner earlier in the week and it went amazingly. Now that I've had a go on a healthy person my confidence is much higher when it comes to patients. If I tried to take blood from a patient and couldn't manage it I wouldn't feel like a total failure. It shocks me that our medical school doesn't really advocate practicing on each other. Health and safety or something. Madness!

Lily xXx

2 comments:

madsadgirl said...

Glad that things are going better as far as learning is concerned. I hope that you have a good weekend.

Un(edited) Tales said...

Hi, I just started reading you blog. I really the 101 things list you have going on. I recently started a blog of my own. Feel free to check it out.