Sunday 24 April 2011

Focus

Something I always lack in exams is focus. I just can't concentrate on one particular thing for any length of time. Even if I'm revising it's in little bursts flitting from one topic to another.

This weekend has been so beautiful that it has been particularly hard to focus on revision. The glorious weather has meant lots of sitting over looking the sea with my Dad and my friends from home. In fact saying no to a trip to the beach today was one of the hardest things I've had to do in some time. Although I'm a firm believer in time off from revision, I would have got nervous taking a second day in a row off. I did have yesterday off though, but wasted most of it asleep in the sunshine.

I did get a bit of practical revision however, when my friend came off his bicycle and managed to tear through the skin on his calf with the gear wheel thingy. I put my 6 years of medical education to the test with a pile of gauze, some warm water and some TCP. I learnt that oil is particularly hard to get out of wounds.

Today's revision has been on testicular cancers and leukaemia. Hope fully before bedtime I'll have revised myelomas and lymphomas too. Then if I cover anaemias and clotting issues tomorrow I should pretty much have haematology for finals covered. I do worry that I'll have just forgotten it all in a month though. I also worry that all this worrying is taking up valuable brain power.

My other worry is my revision belly. I have really piled on the pounds over this revision period so far. I must remember that preparing and eating snacks is not the best form of procrastination.

Also kit kats are not a food group apparently. This is upsetting.

One more worry... I smashed a mirror by accident. EEK!! Does this mean I'll get 7 years bad luck?! How could I do this just before finals?! HOW?!

Lily xXx

No comments: